Sunday, December 9, 2012

Do I Know You?

This poem is short, but it hits home for me.  I wish I could sum up a topic like this short and sweetly, and at the same time making it sound so good and deep.  It makes me jealous for sure.  It's genius and sounds soo good! "I'm sorry I thought I knew you" "There was nothing she couldn't do" "I miss her looking back at me from that mirror over there."  It's such a awsome way to put it.  I wish I thought of it.

Do I Know You? I'm sorry, I thought I knew you,
I didn't mean to stare,
Was that a smile of recognition,
Just before that worried glare?

No, you're right, you're not the person,
The girl I knew was full of hope,
You're depressed and getting older,
You can hardly seem to cope.

She was young and full of energy,
There was nothing she couldn't do,
She had faith and joy and laughter,
No, you're right, she wasn't you.

Promise me, that if you see her,
You'll tell her that I really care,
And I miss her looking back at me,
From that mirror over there.

by: Ann Wittig

No comments:

Post a Comment