Sunday, January 13, 2013

Listening To My Heart

I've learned the best way for me to write is to write with my heart.  Writing with my heart is a way to let me and my heart communicate, and I listen to what it has to say...

My heart tells me to do what I love
To live in the mindset of that kid who thought possibilities were endless.
My heart tells me to not see dying as something to fear, but to use death as a motivator to live life the best I can.
My heart reminds me that I'm human, and that I'm gonna mess up, but to see my mistakes as bread crumbs for when I get lost and need to find my way back. 
My heart tells me to rock out and to shake the dust, and to not be a tourist.
To revive the music that died when I grew up.
My heart tells me that love is real, even when it hurts and seems too good to be true.
That the easy way is decieving, and the hard way is rewarding.
My heart tells me to stick it to the "Man". 
"Man," you're a fat loser and you have body odor and I'm not going to give you the time of day.
I'm gonna follow my freakin' heart..

No comments:

Post a Comment